Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Things I Loved This Year

I just thought I would share with you some random things I enjoyed this year. Mind you, for the most part, these are not life-changing things or anything like that. It is basically all fluff! 

  • My loved ones - we all had a crazy hard year this year (personally, economically, etc.) But, we all made it through. To my family, friends, extended family and friends - without you, I would not be me. So, thank you. No matter what comes our way, we know we can make it through. Xoxo. 
  • The guiltiest of guilty pleasures television - Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, 90210, The Hills, Brothers & Sisters, Dirty Sexy Money, Lipstick Jungle, Desperate Housewives, the list goes on and on. They made me realize that my life ain't all that bad - I don't have crazy stalkers, long lost siblings out for my money, psycho nannies trying to steal my kid, etc. Plus, they are fun to watch and a great cure for boredom. 
  • LolCats, LolDogs & PunditKitchen - never has captioning a picture been so much fun. These witty-captioned pictures will seriously brighten your day. 
  • Our President Elect - let's face it, we were part of the most important election in history. We are coming out of an administration that, well, they really f**ked us. We needed someone that will bring change to not only this country, but to the whole world. Someone that is thinking about the future, not trying to push old-school values on us. Someone who knows what the next generation needs to survive. And, I 100% believe we elected the right person for the job. 
  • Twilight - if you know me, you know how OBSESSED I am. I didn't start reading the books until this year when all this hype about the movie came about. So, I started the first book and couldn't put it down. Then, 2 or 3 weeks later, I was done with all 4 books! Talk about withdrawl! But, the movie came out - RPattz:::SWOON::: - and all was well again. Especially since they are making the next movie. I can't get enough. 
  • Paris, France - I Heart NY all the way. I really, really do. But, (and please don't hate me,) there is no city in the world like Paris. Everything about it is something to fall in love with. The history, the charm, the fashion, the romance, the lights, the Seine, the museums, the food, the gardens. There is something for everyone. And, honestly, French people are really nice. 
  • Wedding Mania - My wedding came and went with the blink of an eye. But, the planning was all worth the party! I had the best time (I think - it all went by so fast.) And, the planning, albeit stressful, was so much fun. It brought Jay and I closer and gave us a chance to play around with this amazing day to incorporate all the things we love. I got to look at the prettiest things all year - flowers, dresses, colors, food, decor, etc. And, everyone we love got to share in our day with us and that is priceless. Our guests really made our wedding.

So, that is it for now. I might add to the list (or, do a 2nd list, really,) in a bit. 

No comments: