Sunday, August 17, 2008

2 Weeks Worth of Life

I haven't written a word in 2 weeks b/c I have actually been busy doing productive things. Accomplishment is a good feeling! So, let's start with the wedding related nonsense

Jay and I wrote our ceremony from start to finish. We researched all of my vow and ceremony books, added details we liked and picked what was important to us. From the gathering words to the final blessing, it shouldn't be more than 15 minutes - MAX. It is very sweet and very "us." I was most nervous about this aspect of the whole wedding b/c I was very adamant about it NOT being religious and Jay had his specific criteria, so I was preparing for a headache. But, we came out unscathed with a simple, yet elegant ceremony. It was a great bonding experience for the two of us. 
NOW, we just have to find someone to marry us. For some reason, this is a hard thing for us to do. There is a reverend that is somewhat close to my family that has been there through some rough times, but the ceremony he proposed is very religious (obvs.) and we would feel horrible asking him to throw that all out the window. So, if anyone knows any great non-denominational officiants, send me the contact info! 

I also made a bunch of final appointments with photogs, our entertainment vendor, etc. I ordered shoes and hair stuff - and might have actually decided on a hairstyle. We booked the airport transfers and decided who was sleeping where the night before. UGH - it's the tiny details that are killing me and making me feel overwhelmed. 

What else? Let's see - movies! We watched Gone With the Wind last weekend - all 4 hours of it, straight through. It is such a fantastic movie! Vivien Leigh was a genius when it came to acting. She threw herself into the role of Scarlett - over-the-top (as so many performances in those days were, but she was the master,) dramatic, gorgeous. The movie is an epic classic for a reason. It didn't have the ending you would expect - there was no predictable, happy ending, which made it even more appealing. It was more real that way. 

Jay and I also saw Pineapple Express. O.M.G. - so friggin funny. I am a huge fan of "Knocked Up," "Superbad," "40-Year Old Virgin," etc. so I knew I would love this movie. It was a typical stoner comedy with a lot of violence. I love Seth Rogan - he is cute and normal-ish and seems very down-to-earth. But, James Franco stole the movie. He was hysterical and I don't even think he was trying to be. He was very subtle and mellow and LOL adorable. Also, the previews before the movie rocked b/c there are a lot of Judd Apatow & Co. movies coming out soon! Paul Rudd, Michael Cera, Sean Williams Scott, etc. all have movies coming out. I have a feeling this is the beginning of the new American Comedic Dream Team. 

And, the Olympics. I wasn't really watching in the beginning. I completely missed the Opening Ceremonies - whatever. But, nothing is on late at night when you're trying to sleep and you wish Letterman wasn't a repeat. So, you watch the Olympics. Then, you find yourself getting emotionally invested in these athletes' wins and losses. There's a lot of controversy surrounding the Beijing Olympics and we, as humans, love a good controversy. They have paralyzed dancers, ugly kids that need to be replaced with cuter kids lip synching the ugly kid's song, fake fireworks, underage competitors - yes, we're onto you Chinese Gymnasts! Seriously, this should be looked into and if it is proven they are NOT 16 or older, they should have their medals taken away. Cheating is cheating - no matter how it is done. 

OOoh, and that guy, that swimmer - hmmm...Michael Phelps, is it? I wasn't really into all the hype, but I watched a race and he IS like a machine. I guess I can buy into the whole American Dream thing. And, his mom is always so happy when he wins and I can respect that. But, Lochte is def. hotter. 

I am really looking forward to the Fall/Winter lineup - all the new shows and my fave shows coming back. I am a glutton for teen drama - so, yay for 'Gossip Girl,' 'On Tree Hill,' and the New '90210.' I am like a 13 year old, ok? Don't judge :P I also can't wait for 'Ugly Betty,' 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Brothers & Sisters,' "Lost,' 'Kath & Kim," so forth and so on...LoL. I watch a lot of TV, ok? It's a hard habit to break - Tivo is your friend. 

Ok, I think that was enough BS to give you to read for now. I am trying to start my weeks off on a more positive note. So, instead of complaining that it is Sunday night, so that means I have to go to effing work tomorrow and sulk through another 5 more days until the next weekend and I hope I can make it that long without poking an eye out of the socket just for fun, I will say something like....It is Sunday night, so....so, um....well, ....wow - I got nothing. 

1 comment:

Jon said...

I was totally going to make a suggestion but forgot that this minister is based on the west coast.

I am not too sure what he is actually, but he officiated my friends wedding who is Jewish but his wife isn't.