Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

I have been so terribly unproductive this weekend - this whole month, actually. I feel like the wedding planning has STOPPED. There is so much little stuff left to do, but I just haven't gotten on it yet. So, maybe that will be my goal for next week. I wish I could just finalize the guest list, but Jay and I keep adding people. We need to block hotel rooms, book shuttles, write programs, do the seating chart, make final appointments with the music and photog vendors, AND find an officiant! Wish us luck. 
Our office said goodbye to the greatest CFO ever - SVC. He was so great to work with and a real joy to know. I hope he doesn't become a stranger and wish him all the luck and happiness in his future. For his Goodbye Party, several people from work went to Sunset Pub & Grill for drinks. It is the restaurant in the Lincoln Park airport. It had a really relaxing, inviting atmosphere and a nice sitting area outside to to watch the plane. Appetizers were ordered, but I didn't really try any so I cannot vouch for the food. The bartender let me try a Girl Scout Cookie martini - it tasted just like a  Thin Mint - so good! BUT - a glass of their house pinot grigio was $9. WTF?! That's like highway robbery! 

We celebrated Jenn's 24th on Friday! We had so much fun - like, balls-to-the-wall type of fun! We drank like it was our J-O-B! We found out 50 Cent will be back at Greenhouse on Wednesday - we might go celeb stalking. Thanks to Carlos for playing all of our requests and to Chris for being the best bartender ever and driving us home. Happy Bday, Jenn - love ya! 

:( My BFF Kris flew up from FL for one day this weekend and I totally did not get to see her. The timing just sucked and it made me really upset. But, I am glad that someone special flew her up to go to his family reunion - that is so sweet and I am so happy she found somebody like that. So, maybe next time? (I hope so, I think the next time she is up is for the wedding and she is the Maid of Honor!) 

So, after Wednesday I think I will have exciting new to share (I'm not preggers, pick your mouth up off the floor.) So, yea...I will keep you updated! 

1 comment:

Jon said...

Exciting news to report, but on Wednesday! Sounds exciting!

And you're so right, SVC will be missed!