Wednesday, September 3, 2008

If I wanted to do your job, I would have applied for it...

Seriously, people. WTF do I look like? Ok, now that THAT is out of the way....

I finally finished the Twilight series. I tore through those books any chance I got. I really did not want to give into all the teeny-bopper hype, but the movie is coming out and I do love me some vampire love stories, so I gave in. I got sucked into these friggin books! The story as a whole brings out a lot of ....feelings...in me (LOL!) So, it will have to be a blog for another day. But, in the end, I loved the books and I am crazy excited for the movie!! BTW, Twilight fans are rabid - for real. They stalk the actors of the movie, the author of the book. There is this message board called TwiMoms something-or-other. 25 + year old women and their fanatic crushes on a fictional character - you deal with that. 

Jay and I have been cooking nightly. I know you are probably thinking, "OK - so?" Well, let me explain - we don't cook. We eat out, or get take out, or have a bowl of cereal. But, we decided we should probably start cooking for a few reasons - 
1 - It is healthier. 
2 - It saves money. 
3 - If we ever want to have kids, they are going to want "real" meals like their friends get.
4 - It is a fun thing to do together. 
So, yea, we've been trying some stuff out. It IS fun. And, we get to goof off and make it a little competition, etc. I feel better, too, in general. Like a real life grown-up. 

Football starts tomorrow - er, correction, the GIANTS SEASON OPENER is tomorrow. That makes me smile. Also, my guilty pleasure TV shows are back on - 
-Gossip Girl - It was good. The show is just visually stimulating and fast-paced and has really great music. The acting is meh at best, but Blair & Chuck bring out the bitch and I can appreciate that. 
-One Tree Hill- So, I wasn't happy about a certain decision made by a certain character in the season premier, but whatevs. I can't have all television go my way. It looks like it will be a dark, kind of scary season this year. 
-90210- It is a VERY new take on a VERY classic show. The series premier was laughable, but of course I will continue to watch. I think they shoulda just brought all of the old 90210-ers back for like, "The Mid-Life Years," or something. And, wtf happened to Shannen Doherty's mouth? She has a gap in her front teeth - that's is all well and good, but it was never there before. WTF?

Oh, did you watch the Democratic Nat'l Convention? Admittedly, I only watched Barack's speech. If Jay wasn't yapping in the background, I would have been in tears. It was a great speech. 

Ok, I need to clean and put clothes away and then Jay and I are walking b/c it is too gorgeous outside to be in. 

1 comment:

Jon said...

Well I just watched the Republican one today with Sarah Palin talking and I almost vomited. In fact, when that fascist Gulliani was talking, after two minutes I pushed mute.

How can these people eat this shit up? It is pure propaganda! WTF?!