Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Hey! What a week it has been. Nothing too exciting happened during the week. It was a 3-day weekend, which is always a nice treat! But, it always makes work go by slower and seem like there is so much more to do. On Thursday afternoon around 4PM, when it seemed everyone had gone home already, I had to finish up some last minute stuff. Then, I rushed out to make it to my nail appointment at 5. 

I got LCN tips (which is a first for me.) So far, so good. They look more natural and are supposed to be better for your nails. They are much more expensive than acrylics, but that's the price of beauty, right? I also (finally) got my hair cut. I haven't gotten my haircut this much in my life, but I have to keep it healthy for the wedding. So, I go every 6 weeks or so. It is amazing how long in advance women start preparing for one day! I partake in the craziness, but it still baffles the hell out of me! 

I didn't really do anything on Friday. Jay and I went out to dinner with some family. He went out afterwards and I hung out with my mom and aunt and family friend. It was nice to just chat with the ladies and talk about the past and good memories. We always have a good laugh when we're together! 

Saturday we BBQd! It was soo good. I love BBQ. We tried Bubba Burgers - they were so delish for frozen burgers. And, of course hot dogs, chicken, steak and ribs, too. Homemade pasta, macaroni and potato salad. Brownies and cupcakes. It was so good to have a home-cooked meal with my family. Of course, a friendly family political debate - turned- fight ensued, but all is well that ends well. 

Earlier that day, Jay and I took my cousins to see WALL-E. It was so friggin cute. It had an amazing message about saving our Earth AND it was a cute love story. Kids will love it, natch, but so will the adults. There are also a few jokes throughout that only the grown-ups will appreciate. 


Sunday was a day of rest - it always is! I slept until noon, which was so nice. I got up and did some laundry, cleaned up a bit, etc. Then, Jay and I got Wendy's (The #2 with a Coke is my weakness - totally my "off-day" meal - don't judge :P) Anyways, we watched "Batman Begins". Ok, so, I had wanted to see this for a while. And, with "The Dark Knight" coming out (which I def. want to see b/c of Heath Ledger) we figured we should see the first installment. It was soo good. I liked the original Batman with Michael Keaton. It wasn't great, but it was a fun type of movie. "Batman Begins" was nothing like it. It was dark, it was action-packed, it was sexy, it had a great back story, it has Christian Bale. Seriously, it didn't even need much more. I can even forgive Christopher Nolan for casting Katie Holmes. 


Now, I am watching Platinum Weddings and drooling. I think this is a bride thing, as most normal people would just think it was stupid to spend that much money on a gobo and personalized underwear. I need to finish folding the laundry, which is my 2nd least favorite thing to do next to putting the laundry away. And then going to bed to wake up and start all over again. Isn't the monotony and repetition of the work week so sad?

No comments: